Leather Care Guide
We at HARRY & CO are dedicated to providing beautifully designed leather goods crafted using the finest leather skins. As leather is a natural material each skin is unique: any incidental tonal variation, marks or veins are natural features, and should not be considered as imperfections. Leather will change and evolve as it is worn and exposed to nature’s elements such as light & moisture. Leather is a skin and requires regular moisturising using a conditioner to keep the skin supple, apply regular protection using a waterproofing spray.
To love and preserve the quality of your HARRY & CO bag follow these instructions;
• The best preventive maintenance you can do when you first purchase your new handbag is to have it waterproofed using a synthetic waterproofer - we recommend "Sof Sole". This needs to be applied regularly. All types of leather need to be protected, including Suede.
• Do not overfill your bag as this will cause it to stretch out of shape.
• Keep leather surface clean and dry using a dry, soft cloth.
• Avoid over-exposure to heat or direct lighting.
• Protect leather goods from rain, humidity, grease, perfume and cosmetics.
• If leather should get wet, dab with a soft neutral cloth to absorb the moisture.
• When not in use, store your product in a cool, dry place using the HARRY AND CO dust bag provided.
• Suede can be kept fresh with a suede brush that can help to clean superficial dirt and stains.
• A leather protector or conditioner can be used but always test a patch first, a conditioner should be used regularly to avoid the leather drying out.
• If you have a light coloured leather bag avoid wearing it against dark clothing and denim, unless they are colour fast as the dye can transfer to the leather. This is very hard to remove.
• Avoid rough and abrasive surfaces. Never place your bag on the ground or a rough surface.
A cotton dust bag has been provided to care for your precious Harry & Co bag, this ensures that the leather can breathe.